Witch Legs Cookie - Walk Through ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Witch Legs Cookie - Walk Through

As many know I cook and I cook a LOT. All things but what usually gets peoples attention is the baked goods, cakes mostly for me. But I want to branch out. I have been reading one heck of a blog - Sweetopia! (The hostess is just amazing! What she can do with a cookie will blog your mind!)





So after reading her blog I used some of the techniques to make the royal icing transfers. So happy with the results! Granted I do have a long way to go but that comes with practice. Anywho...back to wanting to branch out.


Since we now live on the other side of the country, no one can eat my sweets! Ugh! (For most not an issue but I love baking for people.) I read her article, Marian from Sweetopia, on how to ship cookies. Well hot damn! Perfect idea!



Now I gotta learn to decorate cookies. I have before, last year, for Christmas...They sucked! Okay, they weren't that bad. In fact they were pretty good for someone that never had before but you know me, I never want to settle! More reading and time to break out the cookie cutters and icing. (Had plenty of royal left over from the transfers, might as well put it to good use. At least that is what I keep telling myself. This decorating thing isn't an obsession! I...yeah I need help.)



Did the usual stuff, witch head, cauldron, cat, spiders web and so forth but I wanted something W O W! I start seeing the cutest cookie - Witch Legs! I want to make that! That looks cool! Son of A....Don't have the right cookie cutters...Don't even have anything close....~pouts~ Well that just blo.....Wait a minute! ~grabs her notebook, some colored pencils and her cookie cutters~ So I start tracing all my cookie cutters to see what would work. And what do I find? That my large candy corn one works great! So here we are girls, and guys, a witch leg cookie! (Not the best and not exactly like I had drawn but I am damned proud of this cookie! )



If you make one, let me know! I wanna show it off!!!