A Punkette Halloween ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Punkette Halloween

 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Okay, I feel better now. It has been one heck of a day and it doesn't look like it will get any better before the day it out.

I woke up this morning, sick but ready to go. Time to take all those royal icing transfers that I did for Alex's 1st grade class cake off the wax paper....1st one crumbled.....Okay, deep breath, this is why I made so many. I knew this would happen! K, try again....2nd one crumbled.....No worries, it happens, keep going! No matter how many break we have plenty, that is why I made close to 3 dozen, because I only need like 6.


Yeah well....All of them broke....well I am not sure all of them broke but I am sure they would have. I stopped about half way through them all because it was just too heart breaking. Thankfully 1 did survive! The one that is the cake topper, the most important one. So hey! Ahead 1. Back up still hasn't been touched and it will remain that way till I get the cake to the school in case the first one breaks!

Now, what in the heck am I going to do with the rest of the cake. All my border images are shot! Plan B was going to be making more transfers but there just isn't enough time to make them and hope they dry enough to remove. Not to mention if those break!

This is why everyone that decorates sweets has not only a back up plan but a back up plan for the back up plan and even sometimes a back up plan for that! So, what have I been doing all day so far? Working on that very back up plan for the back up plan.

And what is that? Fondant, lots of fondant. I am not the best fondant sculptor in the world but I can manage to do a few things. With a little patience I have managed to make a few houses and the characters. Going to be adding in fencing along the top tiers.

Thankfully I had done some fondant work yesterday. Made the two for the pumpkin patch and the pumpkins themselves. So I am not totally screwed! The cake will get done and it will look freaking fantastic for those kids tomorrow!



So, why all the pink and black? And why am I here? I needed a break that's why! Don't judge me! LOL Anywho, I did some cookies for Rhi to give out to her closest friends for Halloween tomorrow. What else could I do but Punkette! What can I say, if it is skulls and pink she adores it. Finished the actual cookies yesterday, had to let them set overnight before I bagged them.


See, they are sooo freaking cute and I HATE pink, ask anyone that knows me. I LOATH it! But hey, when something looks neat, something looks neat. Even went so far as to take a pumpkin and ribbon it up for her to carry to school tomorrow.


Not sure if she is dressing up for school tomorrow but if she is, this will match her costume perfectly - Abby from NCIS, complete with lab coat. (Should have seen her eyes light up when the coat came in.)

So, on that note I need to get back to work, and probably should actually eat some lunch. See you tomorrow!