Sugar Cookie Quick Fix! ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sugar Cookie Quick Fix!

Well, here I am in the middle of the night...Kids are asleep and the hubby traded me in for a warm bed a couple of hours ago. Why am I still up? Sugar cookies! Been reading a wonderful blog lately and it just got me wanting to dive into some! (Not eating strangely enough, just decorating them. I know I am odd!)



Lookies! I even planned ahead when doing this! (Yeah, that is actually an uncommon thing for me. I normally sketch a general theme and go free hand.)  I know my drawing skills are not all that. I work on a computer! (And sadly I don't have a printer. Anyone want to donate one to a poor baker? I can pay in food!)

So, back on subject, main subject. Here I am in the middle of the night and I see why I should have bought the good butter instead of the cheap stuff. Water content.... Makes the sugar cookies spread. If you are going for soft ones no problem but I want precision!



So, how do we fix this? Hold on to your seats girls ( and guys ) for how simple this is. Take those cookies out of the oven soon as they are done cooking. Grab your cookie cutter....See where I am going with this?


Don't burn yourself and BAM! Push that cookie cutter back into the cookie! Let them fully cool and then just press the cookie cutter around the cookie again, to get any rough edges off and there you go. Sharp edges!



I honestly hope you get cookies that don't spread, less crumbs but if you do, at least now you have a way to fix it. And on that note I am off to bed...I need some freaking sleep!


Nighters!