Surreal Delights ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Surreal Delights

Surreal Delights & Milk
Okay, about a week ago I checked out a book from the library for my husband - The Bacon Cookbook - and o.m.g....The recipes in this thing are just amazing. I mean, come on, an entire book about bacon, even cookies! Cookie! You have my attention.

So, I start thinking and researching various things online about cookie dessert with bacon, cookies with bacon and even how to candy bacon. Add to this the hubby grilling all the time and my family being bacon fanatics and here we are...
Candied Bacon

A cool Tuesday in May up in Washington State. The night before the hubby grills up his infamous Bacon Meatloaf and I finish developing a new take on my bread recipe - Bacon Garlic Cheddar. I need to get to decorating cookies but I have something else on my mind and like any artist, until that is taken care of I cannot do anything else.

And here we are..Surreal Delights....As I am calling them. A Candied Bacon Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Let's get to it!

Ingredients:
For Candied Bacon:
8 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar

For Cookies:
2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter - Softened slightly (not fully room temp)
3/4 Cup Granulate Sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
12 Ounces Chocolate Chips - I prefer Semi Sweet
2 Cups Chopped Walnuts


















Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment
3. Place Bacon on parchment
4. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar
5. Bake 10 minutes
6. Flip bacon over
7. Bake another 10 minutes
8. Remove from oven
9. Up oven temp to 400
10. Sprinkle bacon with the other half cup of brown sugar
11. Return to oven
12. Bacon an additional 5-10 minutes or until crispy - brown sugar might not be fully melted, that is okay!
13. Remove from oven, remove form pan and allow to cool fully.
14. Lower oven temp to 325.
15. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
16. In a mixing bowl combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
17. Cream
18. Add in eggs and vanilla, mix well.
19. Gradually add flour until mixed together.
20. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
21. Add the bacon, chocolate chips and walnuts to the dough.
22. Fold gently until evenly distributed.
23. Roll into gold ball sized balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
24. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
25. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool fully.
26. Enjoy!