Copy-Cat Chicken Sammich ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Copy-Cat Chicken Sammich



With all the hoopla going on this week over a certain companies stance the copy cat recipes for Chicken sandwiches have been flying around more than pancakes at a lumberjack's convention. So, what does that mean for you? Maybe nothing but for thousands of people out there that have always wanted to know just how to make that chicken, it could be a dream come true.

So, here you have it, a Sweetly Approved recipe that needs a few tweaks in my opinion. (But not much.) First thing is first you will need this recipe - Almost Famous Chicken Sandwiches 

This is the recipe that I have found to be the closest to the actual restaurant. (Having being from the south and raised on that chicken and those waffle fries makes any southern an expert on that taste, lol.) Now I will say this, you need to do 1 more step to prep that I found out about by reading the comments for the recipe.

Make sure to soak your chicken breasts in pickle juice for 10-15 minutes before you start!!!!


Seriously, this makes all the difference in the world. Now I know there is a lot on that recipe but most of it is probably in your cabinets anyways. If not, it should be. Honestly, this stuff is staples that should be in most anyone's kitchen. The only thing I had to go buy was the Malted Milk Powder - which I have been needing for a while. If you don't know where to find that, look where they keep the hot chocolate mixes. Should be right there. About 3-4 bucks, US, a container. Trust me, it will come in handy.

Now, I did not use store bought buns and that is why my hubby said that this sammich tasted different from the fast food joints. (This recipe isn't exact but it is pretty freaking close. My daughter took a bite and looked at me odd before going - ~insert restaurants name here?~ She was shocked to learn it wasn't.

You can use store bought buns and I am sure it will probably taste even more like the real deal but if you want to "Kick it up a notch" as it were, try making your own. Seriously, not hard. Use my "Go To Dough" recipe, roll out the dough after first rise to under half an inch. Cut out with a cookie cutter. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes and brush with butter once done. Let cool fully before slicing, brushing with melted butter and toasting in a hot pan. It will really just make them perfect.

Yes, I know this isn't a confection but I figured since I was linking it in with my dough recipe and the dusting has sugar in it I could get away with it! LOL