Banana Bread Recipe ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Banana Bread Recipe

I was asked this morning if I knew any tricks for Banana Bread or had a recipe and of course my answer was yes. ^_~ So, here I am, posting it for a dear friend, as well as anyone else that wants it. It is a very simple recipe and I my favorite thing about it is that I don't have to wait for overly ripe bananas. I have made this with fresh out of the store bananas and ones that are sickeningly ripe. Each time it comes out perfectly.

Now, this recipe is not originally mine. I will admit the base recipe is from a 1970's Betty Crocker Cookbook I picked up over a decade ago in a used bookstore. It is my holy grail, lol. I have made some alterations to the recipe that I very much enjoy and I hope you will as well. Now for the pictures of this recipe I did not use Walnuts in this batch. If you don't like walnuts but have another nut you enjoy, go for it. heck dump dried fruit in there, chocolate chips, what ever. Enjoy it!

Here we go!


1 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Margarine
2 Eggs
2 Cup Mashed Bananas
1/3 Cup Water
1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (Optional)

1. Preheat over to 350F
2. Grease 1 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray
3. Cream margarine & sugar
4. Add eggs
5. Add bananas & water
6. Mix in remaining ingredients
7. Pour into loaf pan
8. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean
9. Remove from oven, loosen from sides of pan
10. Let cool 5 minutes
11. Turn out onto wire rack
12. Cool fully
13. Enjoy!
  
If you look behind the bowl you will see my recipe book.
It has seen better days, lol

Everything mixed together

See, lumpy is okay!

The little white bits on top are parts of unsquishified banana. I love them!

Side view

*Tip - Mashing your bananas should be done by hand and with kids if you got them. LOL I just dump 5-6 bananas into a bowl and use my hands, squishing it between my fingers until nice and mushy with some lumps. I also recommend doubling this recipe as this only makes 1 loaf and I assure you that you will want more than 1! It goes fast!