Biscuits & Cherries ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Friday, August 3, 2012

Biscuits & Cherries

Quick update:

2 Recipes I have recently tested out in my home kitchen that I want to share with you. 

Great Grandma's Pioneer Trail Biscuits: One is for the most simple biscuit recipe I have ever come across and frankly, one of the best! I love it. Make it exactly as it says, with the butter Crisco as recommended by the author. (Thought I will say when it came to baking them I smeared down my pan with butter before placing the biscuits on it and then brushed the top with melted butter before baking.)








Let's Get Ready To Crumble: Two is for an amazingly tart Cherry Crumble that my family devoured in no time flat. I made it exactly as the recipe called and it baked up perfectly. I won't be making any changes or suggestions to this recipe. It is just perfect, for my tastes, as is. Even my most picky eater devoured an entire bowl full happily and he hates all things tart! 





And that about covers it! Enjoy them as much as I have! make sure to check out the rest of my Sweetly Approved recipes over on Pinterest! Sweetly Approved Board!