Christmas Cookies ~ Surrealconfection

SPAM

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Oh dear god....I cannot believe that I am finally done. I have been working what feels like an eternity trying to get a bunch of cookies done for family back on the east coast. Everything from Vanilla Sugar to Dark Chocolate to Spritz and even Peanut Butter. A little bit of everything for the folks back home.

I really wish I had had more time to make more and send out to even more people but between a time crunch and finding out the hubby's position at work is no more come Jan 1st, things are getting much tighter around here.

(Thankfully though he has a temp position with the company down in Oregon for a month to help give us time for him to find a perm one and to move. So fingers crossed people, we need a Christmas Miracle for this family.)

Anywho, back to cookies!

Finally finished them last night. They were all dry this morning, so spent the last 4 hours wrapping them up in plastic wrap, bubble wrap, padding, boxes, then in more boxes.... Ugh!

Well over 100 hand decorated cookies are done. Thank god! I did everything from Snow flakes to mittens to snow men, houses and even made Santa (Out of a Pumpkin cookie cutter no less! Thank you Sugarbelle!)

I did take a few pictures of some of the cookies but I did not take pictures of most of them since my family reads this blog. I didn't want all the designs to be shown, no surprises then!

Granted these pictures are just of the general cookies, the ones I didn't take pictures of were some more specialized one for certain people in the family having other big life events this time of the year. LOL.

But I can at least post a few here for everyone to see. Very proud of these.





Merry Christmas to all!